- Two of my go-to comfort meals lately have been: Pasta with tomato sauce and grated cheese (thanks Mom for instilling that simple meal into my brain every other night of my childhood) and (this is a random one) frosted mini wheats with soy milk. like, how much yummier can you get? i wish they were both healthier…
- i drove Nate to the train today and then planned to run right after that, but then I was like “might as well get the grocery shopping out of the way” (since I didn’t do it Monday because I was lazy) so I did that and let me tell you, Market Basket at 8 am is EMPTY and PERFECT. Remind me to shop that early all the time.
- so, now I shall run. well, after I put the groceries away.
- let’s talk The Voice: COUNTRY MUSIC REPRESENT, right?!! I’m loving all these country artists and how proud Blake is. It’s the best. And those Swon Brothers better win this. Or Michelle, because she went to college in my town and so obvi I have to vote for her.
- New goal for the summer (I can’t believe it’s almost summer!) : Write letters to all my college roomies ONCE A WEEK!! One’s in San Fran, one’s in NYC, one’s still in Syracuse, and one’s here in Boston with me!
- Told you this would be wordy.
- TEN DAYS TIL MY BIRTHDAY.
This could be a fun time to meet a bunch of people. Guys, I’ve never met Tumblr ppl IRL (except Katie!)
Are people going to the expo? I’ve never been to an expo. (Can you tell I’m such a noob - even though this is my 2nd half - the first was just really small)
Anyways, I wasn’t planning on going cuz Nate can pick up my packet Friday after work, but if a bunch of you are meeting there, maybe I’ll show up =)
I feel like a uncool middle school kid trying to get with the cool crowd.
Just being honest.
- design mtg at 10:30
- more laundry because i slacked yesterday
- bank, post office
- run 3 miles / maybe more because i only did 4 yesterday because of shin splints which is not a good sign.
- worship practice
all while eating healthy, or trying really hard to.
for the Boston Run to Remember next Sunday.
But knowing that it’s not about me is helping calm the nerves. Not doing this for me. Doing this for them.
- DD coffee
- Doing all of our vacation laundry, which will probably amount to 5 loads.
- Going grocery shopping because the only thing we have are some frozen veggies and oatmeal.
- Email. Email. Email.
- Blog-prepping for the week (2 blogs, my photobiz’s and my part-time job’s)
- Catching up on the Voice and Glee and Nashville and Heart of Dixie. (While I email and blog of course)
- Running 6.3 miles to work out group at church. And maybe 6.3 miles home. Still deciding that.
So, um, Scotland/the last year of my life (if im being honest) was/has not been good to my waistline, soooooo here we go with Project Hot Bod once again.
Paleo, to a tee. Starting now.
And freaking out because I only ran 4 times at 3 miles each. And I didn’t get a long run in. And I haven’t done a long run since almost 2 weeks ago at 10 miles. AND I HAVE A HALF MARATHON NEXT WEEKEND.
We got up so early every morning to begin with that getting up with enough time to do more than 3 miles would mean I’d be getting up at 6:00. It was so crazy.
The good thing is that we did a LOT more walking around than I ever expected, so maybe that made up for it a little. Like, on the last day, we were walking around Edinburgh for 6 hours straight, with the exception of eating lunch and sitting in the park for 10 minutes.
SO. I’m praying I won’t die next Sunday at the half.
Should I still do an 11 or 12 mile run before then? Like, tomorrow?
The next time I wake up, I’ll be in Scotland!
Well, I’ll probably still be on the plane to Scotland. We leave at 7 pm tonight. Red-eye’s are cheaper.
Here’s the week’s run-plan:
Sunday (the 12th): 6.2 miles
Tues & Wed: 3-4 miles both days
Friday (the 17th): 11 miles
* Granted this is all depending on where we are/if we’re driving, ect, so basically this isn’t a plan at all, I’m just trying to make myself feel better because once I get home I’ll only have a week until the Run to Remember Half. *
Remember: instagram #ExploreScotland13 (@stephanie_ritak)
But I’ll also probably post a few pics right to this blog, too.